It’s summer! It’s Pride! We celebrate the queer roots of Upper Mississippi River Reclaiming!
Saturday, June 22, 2019
Gather at 2:30 p.m. and we begin at 3 p.m.
Location Outside: Powderhorn park at the corner of 14th Avenue South and 33rd Street, in Minneapolis
Dress appropriately. We will be outside for the ritual.
Children are welcome!
We will be creating a semi-permanent community altar and sharing a meal together, so bring an outdoor chair, your favorite dish to share, and altar items that can stay outside such as flowers, leaves, and stones.
Summer solstice and Pride are happening the same weekend this year, so our ritual will be a celebration of the queer roots of Upper Mississippi River Reclaiming!.
The UMRR community is welcoming and open to all people. We are an ecstatic, participatory magical tradition. Our rituals are family friendly.
Donations are welcome to help cover costs.
This ritual is outside off the sidewalk on uneven ground. If you have questions about accessibility or requests, please contact the ritual cell 5 days in advance at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All are welcome including children, newcomers, and folks from other traditions.
Please do not use perfumes, scented lotions, and other scented products to ensure increased accessibility.
What to expect at one of our rituals
No two Reclaiming rituals are alike, but you can expect to find these at all rituals:
- Reclaiming Rituals are participatory – You can choose how much you want to join in. We encourage you to sing, dance and move along with us in the ways that you choose.
- Feel free to dress or wear whatever clothing feels right to you. Many people wear comfortable clothes that make them feel relaxed. Some people like to dress in ritual finery. Some people like to bring scarves or shawls to wrap themselves in if invited to participate in a trance
- Reclaiming rituals tend to last about 90 – 120 minutes, though some might go a little longer, occasionally they are a little shorter but 90 minutes is a good rule of thumb.
- Reclaiming Rituals are open to folks of all ages, all genders, all physical abilities, pagans, non pagans, solitaries, covens, and the curious.
- Reclaiming rituals are drug and alcohol-free. Please do not use intoxicating drugs or alcohol before coming to ritual.
- Please do not use perfumes, lotions, or other scented products before ritual.