In this darkest time of year, we rest and revel in the magic of the dreamspace.
- Saturday, December 21, 2019
- Gather at 2:30 p.m. and we begin at 3 p.m.
- Location – Ivy Building: 2637 27th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN
Parking available on the street.
The space where the ritual will be held can be accessed by stairs or an elevator and down a long hallway. We will have signs to show you the way.
Together we will practice the resistance of rest. The magic of this ritual was inspired by Tricia Hersey’s Nap Ministry, the wisdom of hibernating bears and this dark time of the year. You can learn more about The Nap Ministry and support the work of Tricia Hersey.
The UMRR community is welcoming and open to all people. We are an ecstatic, participatory magical tradition. Our rituals are family friendly.
Please bring items to make yourself comfortable sitting or lying down in the space. There are a limited number of chairs so if you would like a chair and are able to bring one that is encouraged. We also invite you to bring pillows, stuffies or other comfort items. There are yoga blankets and some cushions for floor seating in the space.
If you would like to be guided from the front door of the building to the ritual space or have other questions or needs around access please email email@example.com.
Donations are welcome to help cover costs.
All are welcome including children, newcomers, and folks from other traditions.
Please do not use perfumes, scented lotions, and other scented products to ensure increased accessibility.
What to expect at one of our rituals
No two Reclaiming rituals are alike, but you can expect to find these at all rituals:
- Reclaiming Rituals are participatory – You can choose how much you want to join in. We encourage you to sing, dance and move along with us in the ways that you choose.
- Feel free to dress or wear whatever clothing feels right to you. Many people wear comfortable clothes that make them feel relaxed. Some people like to dress in ritual finery. Some people like to bring scarves or shawls to wrap themselves in if invited to participate in a trance
- Reclaiming rituals tend to last about 90 – 120 minutes, though some might go a little longer, occasionally they are a little shorter but 90 minutes is a good rule of thumb.
- Reclaiming Rituals are open to folks of all ages, all genders, all physical abilities, pagans, non pagans, solitaries, covens, and the curious.
- Reclaiming rituals are drug and alcohol-free. Please do not use intoxicating drugs or alcohol before coming to ritual.
- Please do not use perfumes, lotions, or other scented products before ritual.