Ritual schedule and planning dates for 2020
The Ritual Planning Cell met recently to dream and plan for the year ahead.
After a bit of magic, a review of community feedback, and an examination of our own capacity, we’ve created a schedule for the year that we hope will honor the commitments we’ve made to one another, meet the needs of community, and be sustainable moving forward.
This includes hosting rituals on the Solstices and Equinoxes and holding space for community to gather in other ways. Below are the dates and times for planning meetings, rituals, and events planned for 2020.
Help us plan the rituals
We invite you to participate in ritual planning. Planning ritual is a fabulous way of participating in the magic, and all community members are invited to attend planning meetings at the time listed. Dates and locations are noted below each ritual.
- Ritual: Saturday, March 21. Gather at 2:30 p.m., Ritual at 3 p.m. Location TBD.
- Planning Spring Equinox: Saturday, February 29, 3 – 5 p.m. Contact Galen for location by text at 763-219-9854.
Spring Co-Created Community Collaborative Gathering
- Details: Saturday, April 18 Noon-4 p.m., location TBD.
While many of our seasonal rituals and gatherings are generally open to the public, this event is designed for us to strengthen our community bonds and heal as individuals and as a group. We will gather together in community beginning noon and ending at 4 p.m. We encourage community members to plan and lead the collaborative gatherings. If you want to participate in planning or facilitation, or for location information, you can contact the ritual cell email@example.com.
- Evolving Altar: Thursday, June 18-Saturday, June 20, Powderhorn Park, just west of the intersection of 14th Ave. S and E 33rd St.
- Planning Summer Solstice: Saturday, May16, 3-5 p.m. Contact Galen for location by text at 763-219-9854..
Vigil and Memorial Honoring the loss of Copper Persephone, our treasured beloved
Intention: We honor the loss of Copper, our treasured beloved.
You are invited to participate in various ways as we honor and acknowledge the loss of Copper Persephone, who crossed through the veils on June 28, surrounded by beloveds.
- Vigil (drop in): July 31, noon – midnight, August 1, 2020
- Contribute to Copper’s Virtual Altar
- Gathering in vigil: August 1, 2020 10 – 11 a.m.
- Memorial: Saturday, August 1, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Copper was a steadfast, loving, and wise priestess, member, teacher and leader in our Upper Mississippi River Reclaiming and Winter Witchcamp communities. We are offering a loosely structured ritual for folks to acknowledge the loss of our beloved and celebrate the love, wisdom, magic, and so much more that Copper brought to our lives and community. The ritual will include memories, song, poetry, a virtual communal altar, and time for sharing and connecting in love and grief as we honor Copper.
Building the Astral Hive (Copper Persephone)
- Details: Saturday, September 19, 6 p.m. CST, location Zoom.
Join us on September 19, near Copper Persephone’s birthday, to celebrate Copper and the Equinox. In honor of our beloved friend and teacher, Copper Persephone, we gather the nectar of her gifts to us to add to the astral hive. Together, we will co-create an astral hive that will continue to be a resource for the sweetness and wisdom we have received from Copper.
We invite you to collect and add your nectar to the library that will exist in this Google Drive folder.
This nectar, which is anything that connects you to Copper’s magic. This might be in the form of written word, photos, videos, recipes, or song. And it might be something else too.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ritual: Saturday, October 31, Gather at 2:30 p.m. ritual at 3 p.m. Location TBD.
- Planning Samhain: Saturday, October 3, 3-5 p.m. Contact Galen for location by text at 763-219-9854.
- Ritual: Saturday, December 12, Gather at 2:30 p.m. ritual at 3 p.m. Location TBD.
- Planning Winter Solstice: Saturday, November 21, 3-5 p.m. Contact Galen for location by text at 763-219-9854.
All are welcome
…including children and folks from other traditions.
Reclaiming events are drug and alcohol free.
Please do not use perfumes, lotions, and other scented products to ensure increased accessibility.
Money donations are welcome to cover ritual expenses, but please note that no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
We look forward to seeing you!
If you use Google Calendar you can add Upper Mississippi River Reclaiming’s calendar to yours.
A full announcement about each event will be posted on Facebook and on our UMRR email list. Each individual announcement will include accessibility information. It is possible that some of the dates and/or times for the events with a location TBD will change based on availability of space. We will inform the community of any changes as soon as the space is booked. Community is invited to organize additional offerings as desired. We believe in the power of co-creation as we continue to nourish our roots and evolve in our practice.
In love and magic
The Upper Mississippi River Reclaiming Ritual Planning Cell
Alan Olson (he/we)
Alison Doe (they/them)
Matt Cross Thiede aka Cerulean Daybreak (ze/zir)
Maxwell von Raven (he/him)
Phone contact: Galen via text at 763-219-9854