On this frozen night , we light the fires of joy.
Saturday, December 22, 2018
Gather at 6 p.m. and we begin at 6:30 p.m.
Location is Living Table United Church of Christ, 3805 40th St E, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55406
Children are welcome!
Join us as the Upper Mississippi River Reclaiming Community comes together to warm a frozen winter evening at our Winter Solstice Ritual. Using song and movement, story and spell we will welcome back the warmth and light at this time of deepest darkness.
Children are included in our community and will play an important role in the magic of this ritual.
The UMRR community is welcoming and open to all people. We are an ecstatic, participatory magical tradition. Our rituals are family friendly – we will have activities for the kids to be part of the ritual.
Donations are welcome to help cover costs.
There are no stairs to enter the building. There are no stairs to enter the building. The ritual will be held indoors in a space with sturdy armless chairs that can be moved. You will be invited to stand or move or participate through sitting. There are single stall gender neutral restrooms available. If you have questions about accessibility or requests, please contact the ritual cell at: email@example.com
All are welcome including children, newcomers, and folks from other traditions.
Please do not use perfumes, scented lotions, and other scented products to ensure increased accessibility.
What to expect at one of our rituals
No two Reclaiming rituals are alike, but you can expect to find these at all rituals:
- Reclaiming Rituals are participatory – You can choose how much you want to join in. We encourage you to sing, dance and move along with us in the ways that you choose.
- Feel free to dress or wear whatever clothing feels right to you. Many people wear comfortable clothes that make them feel relaxed. Some people like to dress in ritual finery. Some people like to bring scarves or shawls to wrap themselves in if invited to participate in a trance
- Reclaiming rituals tend to last about 90 – 120 minutes, though some might go a little longer, occasionally they are a little shorter but 90 minutes is a good rule of thumb.
- Reclaiming Rituals are open to folks of all ages, all genders, all physical abilities, pagans, non pagans, solitaries, covens, and the curious.
- Reclaiming rituals are drug and alcohol-free. Please do not use intoxicating drugs or alcohol before coming to ritual.
- Please do not use perfumes, lotions, or other scented products before ritual.