A Core Class in the Reclaiming Tradition
“I am a child of earth and starry heaven, complete and whole unto myself”
Because it is such a powerful tool and practice for personal growth, the Iron Pentacle is a foundational, core class within the Reclaiming tradition. The points of Iron: Sex, Pride, Self, Power and Passion, are birthrights for all beings. However, dominant culture(s) continue to corrupt these energies, trying to deny access to key elements of empowerment. Through learning and adopting the magical ways of Iron, we seek to reclaim these points and energies, opening to authenticity, embodiment and grounded, ethical integrity.
In exploration of this life-changing tool, we will embrace energy work, spell work, boundary work, trance, meditation, prayer, art, music, movement, divination, ecstatic ritual and showing up fully, in all our parts. This exploration will be rooted in a deep desire for justice and resistance to capitalist, patriarchal, white-supremacy.
This intensive course will be co-created in alignment with the Reclaiming Principles of Unity (PoU)*, and we ask that all attendees act in alignment with the PoU for the duration of our time together. Disrespect of others (overt or subtle) will not be tolerated.
Prerequisite: Reclaiming Elements of Magic
- When: Weekend of January 25: Friday, 1/25, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Saturday, Jan 26, 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Jan 27, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Where: Location – Minneapolis
- Fees: Pay what you are able, $30-$150 sliding scale suggested.
- To Bring: Journal/writing instrument. Items that you need to be physically comfortable. Food/snacks/drinks (upon registration you will be given additional details, including location and meal needs).
- Teaching Team: Jennifer Byers, Paul Eaves and Karin Levitski