We dance with Brighid’s fire, to melt the ice and fill the well.
Saturday, February 2, 2019
Gather at 6 p.m. and we begin at 6:30 p.m.
Location Outside: Powderhorn Park, 3400 15th Ave. S Minneapolis, MN 55407. Find us by the walking path, near the horseshoe pits on the north side of Powderhorn Lake. Look for the fire to help you find us.
Dress warmly as we will be outside for the ritual.
Children are welcome!
Join the Upper Mississippi River Reclaiming Community as we gather to call in Brighid’s fire, and melt the ice of winter. With song, fire spinning, and dance .
The UMRR community is welcoming and open to all people. We are an ecstatic, participatory magical tradition. Our rituals are family friendly.
Donations are welcome to help cover costs.
This ritual is outside off the sidewalk on uneven ground. If you have questions about accessibility or requests, please contact the ritual cell 5 days in advance at: email@example.com
All are welcome including children, newcomers, and folks from other traditions.
Please do not use perfumes, scented lotions, and other scented products to ensure increased accessibility.
What to expect at one of our rituals
No two Reclaiming rituals are alike, but you can expect to find these at all rituals:
- Reclaiming Rituals are participatory – You can choose how much you want to join in. We encourage you to sing, dance and move along with us in the ways that you choose.
- Feel free to dress or wear whatever clothing feels right to you. Many people wear comfortable clothes that make them feel relaxed. Some people like to dress in ritual finery. Some people like to bring scarves or shawls to wrap themselves in if invited to participate in a trance
- Reclaiming rituals tend to last about 90 – 120 minutes, though some might go a little longer, occasionally they are a little shorter but 90 minutes is a good rule of thumb.
- Reclaiming Rituals are open to folks of all ages, all genders, all physical abilities, pagans, non pagans, solitaries, covens, and the curious.
- Reclaiming rituals are drug and alcohol-free. Please do not use intoxicating drugs or alcohol before coming to ritual.
- Please do not use perfumes, lotions, or other scented products before ritual.